Neuropsychological Assessment for Memory, Thinking and Attention
We provide neuropsychological and psychological assessments to a wide variety of clients on the basis of physician referrals.
Neuropsychological evaluation is recommended for individuals who display or recognize difficulties or changes in their thinking, memory, speech, personality or other behaviors that significantly interfere with activities of daily living.
Neuropsychological assessment involves the evaluation of brain functioning across a range of neurological and medical conditions. Test batteries are tailored to address specific referral needs and can assist with:
- differential diagnosis
- symptom monitoring
- decision-making capacity
- care planning.
We also provide specific recommendations for:
- Work or school accommodations, when appropriate.
- Independent living and ADLs
(ability to drive, manage finances, manage medication or make independent decisions).
Common types of clients served include those with:
- Attention problems
- Memory difficulties
- Developmental disorders
- Mood disorders (e.g. Anxiety, Depression & Somatization disorders)
- Brain Tumors
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Stroke and cerebrovascular disorders*
- Acquired brain Injury (concussion & traumatic brain injury)*
- Dementia & Mild Cognitive Impairment*
- Movement Disorders (e.g. Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease)
- Systemic diseases affecting the brain or central nervous system
(e.g. systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Demyelinating diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis
- Various other medical conditions (e.g. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease & diabetes)
All clients are provided with comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations of memory and other cognitive abilities, behavior, and emotion. These evaluations are an important component of the diagnostic process and allow quantified evaluation of functional abilities.
*Behavioral management: patients and their families are provided with guidance in managing the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral changes associated with aging and dementia.
What is a neuropsychological evaluation / assessment?
Neuropsychological assessment involves the collection, interpretation, and integration of objective and subjective test data collected through standardized measures and clinical interview with the client and/or family/spouse.
Test batteries are tailored to address your referral needs and may assess the following:
- mental status, intellectual functioning, academic skills, language, memory,
- spatial/constructional, motor abilities, processing speed, attention/concentration,
- reasoning/problem solving, mood and personality, and behavioral health.
Our assessments are typically completed within one day, and a comprehensive report with detailed recommendations follows within about two weeks.
Neuropsychology Patient Forms (LINKS)
- Pre-assessment forms – complete and bring with you to your scheduled appointment
- Pre-registration –On-Line link
Additional patient information and resources (LINKS)