Neuropsychological Assessment for Memory, Thinking and Attention
We provide neuropsychological and psychological assessments to a wide variety of clients on the basis of physician referrals. Neuropsychological evaluation is recommended for individuals who display or recognize difficulties or changes in their thinking, memory, speech, personality or other behaviors that significantly interfere with activities of daily living. Follow this chart to gain a better understanding of our screening, testing, and therapy practices model!
Neuropsychological assessment involves the evaluation of brain functioning across a range of neurological and medical conditions. Test batteries are tailored to address specific
We also provide specific recommendations for: Work or school accommodations, when appropriate. Independent living and ADLs (ability to drive, manage finances, manage medication or make independent decisions).
All clients are provided with comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations of memory and other cognitive abilities, behavior, and emotion. These evaluations are an important component of the diagnostic process and allow quantified evaluation of functional abilities.
Common clients served include those with:
- Attention problems
- Memory difficulties
- Developmental disorders
- Mood disorders (e.g. Anxiety, Depression & Somatization disorders)
- Brain Tumors
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Stroke and cerebrovascular disorders*
- Acquired brain Injury (concussion & traumatic brain injury)*
- Dementia & Mild Cognitive Impairment*
- Movement Disorders (e.g. Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease)
- Systemic diseases affecting the brain or central nervous system
(e.g. systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Demyelinating diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis
- Various other medical conditions (e.g. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease & diabetes)
*Behavioral management: patients and their families are provided with guidance in managing the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral changes associated with aging and dementia.
What is a Neuropsychological Evaluation / Assessment?
Neuropsychological assessment involves the collection, interpretation, and integration of objective and subjective test data collected through standardized measures and clinical interview with the client and/or family/spouse. Test batteries are tailored to address your referral needs and may assess the following:
- mental status, intellectual functioning, academic skills, language, memory,
- spatial/constructional, motor abilities, processing speed, attention/concentration,
- reasoning/problem solving, mood and personality, and behavioral health.
After the Assessment
You may be wondering how our doctors are going to utilize this assessment information. These specified assessments help create a report, provide feedback, and helps our doctors build an integrative plan that is tailored to your specific needs. We call this plan , your Integrative Wellness Plan (IWP).
- After scoring and integrating all of the history and assessment findings, a comprehensive report is written in about 2 weeks.
- This report includes: strengths, areas of need, and recommendations.
- A follow up appointment will be scheduled to go over results.
- Detailed recommendations will be provided with a personal, Integrative Wellness Plan.
- Pre-assessment forms – complete and bring with you to your scheduled appointment
- How to prepare for your appointment /neuropsychological evaluation
- What Is Neuropsychological Assessment Like?
- Results - What happens once my assessment is complete?
- Authorization for Release of Information